Thread: Manila

+ Add Report
Page 37 of 884 FirstFirst ... 27 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 47 87 137 537 ... LastLast
This forum thread is moderated by Admin

Seafood

It is because, a lot of catch is exported out. There are three countries that buy up just about every fish, shrimp, snail, or anything that is edible out of the ocean. Japan, Korea and China. So, this makes local fare much more expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by LukeSkywalker  [View Original Post]
    With severely polluted ocean around Quezon, I would be very careful what I eat in the Phil.

There is an outdoor market with a few stalls selling live or fresh seafood near New Asia mall, and a dozen restaurants that cook the food for a fee. But the supplies are small, varieties limited, and prices are ridiculously high, like 5 x to 6 x average price in the US. WTF? The Phil are basically fishermen living on 1000's of islands in the middle of the Pacific. Why the fuck is their seafood so expensive? They pissed me off.

Went to a few fancy seafood restaurant on Ermita and Malate where food are sold by the 100 grams. Restaurants in the Phil are very plain and expensive and the foods are not so good.

Stick to the food courts in malls. They serve large varieties of authentic Filipino foods in clean environment that the locals like. Recommended...

Quote Originally Posted by Hutsori  [View Original Post]
    most girls learn quickly that there aren't too many Westerners who will marry them either. Sure, they'll talk a wonderful fantasy...
    But the facts don't support that. There are about 300,000 US citizens living in the PI. If you include EU and Ozzies, the number may double. A conservative estimate is that a half a million Westerners live in the PI. Probably almost all are men and when they get married, they marry a Filipina. Many of their mestizo children are put through the local school system. There is nothing too aloof about the Western expats in the PI.

On the other hand, consider the Korean expat community whose number is about 125,000. The men are usually alone leaving their wives and family at home. Those that do bring their families from Korea send their children to special schools. There is very little assimilation, integration, or cultural adjustment of Koreans to the Philippines. They have their own restaurants, churches, beauty salons, and on.

Korean men don't give a shit about Filipinas. You should enlighten the Filipina of all this the next time she shuns you in favor of a Korean.

3 days, 3 girls, 3 methods

Just back from a short 3 day jaunt to Manila. My 2nd visit there.

Last time I met an absolute pristine lady via FC so thought I'd try the same again this time.

Setup the account about 2 weeks from my trip and was armed with about 6 numbers to pursue during my time there.

Only managed to meet 1, a 24 yo spinner. No kids, great personality, gorgeous.

Met for lunch then back to my room for some BBBJ as she was on the rags, out to dinner and movies the next day.

Total sweetheart, but I was very self conscious walking around with her at Greenbelt on a Fri night. I'm 6 ft 3, almost double her age and double her size.

My first Burgos experience was generally disappointing. Overpriced and overaged for the large part.

Sure there are plenty of girls, and there are a few gems. Certainly better than what I'd seen at MBC on my previous trip.

Ended up bar fining a 23 yo from Plan B. Super friendly in the bar, but turned i after I'd fucked her. So set her loose. Damage $2.6 + $3 K.

The 3rd girl was from a casa run.

Got a taxi to take me to 2 places, once again generally really average quality, no superstars to be seen. But it was around 10 pm on a Sat night, so may have left my run too late.

Took a 19 yo back, but after 1 round I lost interest so sent her back. Damage $4 k.

I'd go back again, but prob just concentrate on the freebies / dating sites. And if struck out go for a quickie at one of the bars.

In some of the bars the girls where quite happy to play with my willy under the table for a drink.

Was tempted to try one of the "massage" girls on Burgos but never got around to it. 500 p seems like a reasonable deal if they put out for that?

Quote Originally Posted by FredGold  [View Original Post]
    CaliProhada great map:

https://mapsengine.google.com/map/vi...I.kampoQlaMeVE

Thanks for the great job! Anyone know of an updated map?
    I might not be the only member here having serious doubts as to whether CaliAmateur has ever been to most of those places.

My hat off to CaliPro

CaliProhada great map:

https://mapsengine.google.com/map/vi...I.kampoQlaMeVE

Thanks for the great job! Anyone know of an updated map?

Quote Originally Posted by BronzeMan  [View Original Post]
    It's hard to argue with documented fact but I think that's mostly limited to school kids right? School kids everywhere get lice. We're talking about adult women working in entertainment and going out at a rate of $200+ per. That's more than a Korean massage parlor charges in New York city and those women are immaculate in their hygiene and makeup. It'd be unheard of to find one with lice.

Additionally I can say in years of living and traveling Asia very extensively and banging several scores of women I have never encountered head lice in person or even in conversation, which leads me to believe it's not common.

I'm not condemning the whole country. But even coming out of one of the poorest countries in the world I was very shocked by stuff like the lice.

I would say it's probably the best place in Asia for easy pick ups and freebies. But that only makes the mediocre bar girls at 200+ seem even worse.
    In nine years I've never met or bedded a Pinay that wasn't anything but sqeeky clean in her hair. They invest considerable time mony & effort in washing conditioning cutting & dying their hair. I doubt the original poster's report.

AV.

Reports

GoodEnough

Manila Redux

I agree in general with Bronzeman, and, all things considered, find little that's attractive in Manila. I can fully understand why the generally miserable character of the place would be considered as simply not worth the hassle. It's interesting to me to read the perspectives of intelligent guys who are new to the country, and I suspect that their points of view are fairly representative of most first-time arrivals here. The pervasive hopelessness of this place--remembering that Manila is about as good as it gets from the standpoint of services and amenities--invariably gets to me after a while. To live here in a state of relative tranquillity requires suppression of these feelings, but they do bubble to the surface frequently. The fact is, that nothing gets better here quickly, and the slow, incremental improvements that do occur, are far outstripped by more rapid progress in almost all sectors, in other SE Asian countries. So, relative to its neighbors, this place continuously lags behind. Singapore, Vietnam and Malaysia, for example, continue to build shiny new and efficient airports, while here, the government "makes plans. ".

Perhaps even sadder than the generally deplorable condition of the country is that ordinary Filipinos are cognizant of the indifference and total incompetence of their government, but feel hopeless to do anything that might improve the situation. Talk to any taxicab driver, restaurant waitress, sales clerk or other "ordinary" Filipino and chances are they will express the same concerns. They know as well about the progress being made in other countries and in general deplore their government. However, they feel and in fact are, helpless.

Having spent abundant time in Thailand, and much shorter but thoroughly enjoyable times in Cambodia and Vietnam, I agree that any of those destinations are more desirable than the Philippines.

GE.

Reports

FreebieFan
    Quote Originally Posted by NiceGuy99  [View Original Post]
    This will likely not be a popular post. There is a tendency in the last few days on the ISG PI boards to work the theme of how terrible Pinay WGs are. They exploit. They have Pinoy BFs. Only extort money. Etc, etc.

OK. A lot of this may be true, but those who post are missing an important point. These girls are people. They do what they do for many reasons but there is still vulnerable girl underneath. A girl who tries to construct a shell to protect herself.

Please remember this. Don't get taken advantage of but sometimes you may wish to invest some effort to find the girl in the shell. If you can get there the rewards on both sides are great.
    There are a few, probably newbies, who didn't enjoy their time in PI and have posted based on that.

There is a great majority of male visitors who admire respect and enjoy the ladies in mutually satisfying terms. The girls are sweet and loving.

Yes some of them can be cynical and scam minded. But the normal visitor with a raised level of alertness will not let himself get scammed. What sounds too good to be true, always is.

There are moments of total and utter delight with some of the ladies we meet.

There are some that work incredibly hard to support themselves and some that have no skills or brains other than a decent body that will soon fade.

Those of us who know the country, and know how to enjoy can have wonderfully relaxed and happy times.

Others, who for whatever reasons have bad luck, meet the wrong types, get scammed or just don't enjoy haven't been shy to express their concerns.

But such visitors IMHO are generally few and far between.

If everyone had a bad time would anyone still go?

I don't think anyone has condemned the wgs for their situation. What I was saying at least is that rough uneducated girls from slums with stretch marks and little sexual skill shouldn't cost over 200 to spend a little time with. That's especially true with freebies of equal quality so easy to acquire.

The rates are way higher than what you'd pay in any other Asian country for similar quality. And no matter how much you have the real quality is simply nowhere to be found. Yes I tried KTVs, Air Force One "first class", and Miss Universe. I didn't see anything better than the typical hot 20 something you can see all over Glorieta 4 (for example).

I found it incredibly easy to pick up even the really hot girls out shopping and take them for coffee or a movie. But sometimes I like the convenience of point and click pay for play, and that's simply not available in Manila that I could see. Add in the general difficulties and agitation of the city and it's not a desirable mongering spot.

Reports

GoodEnough
    Quote Originally Posted by NiceGuy99  [View Original Post]
    This will likely not be a popular post.

These girls are people. They do what they do for many reasons but there is still vulnerable girl underneath. A girl who tries to construct a shell to protect herself.
    You make an excellent point. I doubt, of all the thousands of prostitutes in the country, that there are more than a handful that selected prostitution enthusiastically as a career. As has been described many times in this forum and elsewhere, these girls are typically victims of a wretched education public education system that prepares very few for meaningful employment, of a wretched government that manages an economy that creates few meaningful jobs, of exploitative families who view the girls as sources of support, and finally of the Catholic church and it's stultifying control of politics.

GE.

This will likely not be a popular post. There is a tendency in the last few days on the ISG PI boards to work the theme of how terrible Pinay WGs are. They exploit. They have Pinoy BFs. Only extort money. Etc, etc.

OK. A lot of this may be true, but those who post are missing an important point. These girls are people. They do what they do for many reasons but there is still vulnerable girl underneath. A girl who tries to construct a shell to protect herself.

Please remember this. Don't get taken advantage of but sometimes you may wish to invest some effort to find the girl in the shell. If you can get there the rewards on both sides are great.

Reports

FreebieFan
    Quote Originally Posted by RedKilt  [View Original Post]

The second factor is the hordes of horny Chinese guys who don't have any willing girls available to satisfy their lustful urges.
    That's because some of us in China are doing our best to scoop them up by the handful. LOL.

The most beautiful of the most beautiful!

The highest concentration of absolutely gorgeous young pinays that I have ever witnessed has been the students at a number of Manila finishing schools (I was there on purely business matters haha).

What was interesting was that when the schools finished for the day, the most beautiful of the most beautiful were all scooped up by their elderly Pinoy sugar daddys in their luxury cars.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Hutsori  [View Original Post]
    Maybe I wasn't so clear. These women are paid to create profiles and chat with older Korea blokes, who are often farmers or low-skilled workers, online. They're bait. It's a job. The pay is okay, quite good for doing almost nothing, and they don't need to hang out in a bar waiting for Prince Charming to show up and marry 'em. Moreover, I think most girls learn quickly that there aren't too many Westerners who will marry them either. Sure, they'll talk a wonderful fantasy...
    Just to add to what Hutsori said:

The Australia Network has been running lots of stories recently about the acute shortage of marriageable-age women in China now (read that as over-abundance of men) because of the one child policy and the (unconfirmed) probability that many female foetuses were aborted because families preferred having a male child as heir.

Two things are discussed in these documentaries:

One is that desperate parents are turning to other countries through dating sites (including so-called mail-order sites) to ensure that their sons marry and produce grandchildren for them, and whilst Philippines is not exactly flavor of the month they are prepared to accept anything.

The second factor is the hordes of horny Chinese guys who don't have any willing girls available to satisfy their lustful urges, hence their travel to places like the Philippines to get laid as often as possible. Travel companies are cashing in on it with "adult entertainment tours" to nearby countries. The Chinese have cash too and the girls here are becoming very much aware of this as well as an awareness that they don't have to snare an older white guy as a possible lifeline for future happenis (oops I mean happiness). Young Chinese are very much suitable for them on many fronts.

So all things considered, expect many more tour groups in the Philippines of young Chinese guys following in the footsteps of the Japanese and Korean guys who blazed the trail before them.

Quote Originally Posted by Pompetus  [View Original Post]
    You make a point that the pinays seem to be more enamoured of say Koreans. Yet, Koreans do not marry Pinays as a rule. I think the same is true of Japanese. Koreans have an overwhelming cultural bias to marry other Koreans. It is rare that they venture outside their kind. It may not be as strong as the Japanese but I suspect they work almost the same.

However Westerners marry Pinays. We can really really like them well enough to bring them home to meet mom. These other guys can not. And that is the rub for the Pinay. We should remind our prospective Pinay partners, as we try to woo them away from our East Asian rivals, that we will marry you and they will never.
    Maybe I wasn't so clear. These women are paid to create profiles and chat with older Korea blokes, who are often farmers or low-skilled workers, online. They're bait. It's a job. The pay is okay, quite good for doing almost nothing, and they don't need to hang out in a bar waiting for Prince Charming to show up and marry 'em. Moreover, I think most girls learn quickly that there aren't too many Westerners who will marry them either. Sure, they'll talk a wonderful fantasy...

Posting Limitations