Thread: Manila

+ Add Report
Page 37 of 830 FirstFirst ... 27 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 47 87 137 537 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie 48  [View Original Post]
    To Hutsori.

The land of the garlic eater even pussy taste like it, I spend 2 month in Seoul back in 1988 during the Olympic everything is much cheaper then, I know price is much higher nowdays you cannot compare the two city S Korea is a more devlope country than PI and there are much better international cusine in Seoul than Manila.

Fast Eddie 48
    Your original comment was this: "I think Manila have the worst in Dinning for a big city in Asia." You made no mention of economic development level. So yes, I can compare the two because you did.

I spent many, many years in Seoul. Manila is far better in number of restaurants, diversity of fare, quality of those, and price. That's true for 2013 and was even more so in 1988

Quote Originally Posted by GoodEnough  [View Original Post]
    For the most part, Filipinos know little about culinary excellence, and quantity and low cost transcend quality. Chain restaurants are, for many, the epitome of excellence.
    Quite right GE, just walking through any mall will prove that. I almost always notice that the finer resto's have very few local patrons and the fast food places are packed with them (even well heeled ones) ; especially Jollibee's and McDo's. Even the few girls I've met who come from better families and are well educated generally prefer fast food over a finer resto; and if they do accompany you into a better establishment they will almost always order a Filipino dish or pasta (which many cover with hot sauce or worse plaster with ketchup, yuk!).

Reports

GoodEnough

Food Debate

A couple of days ago, I checked the top 100 restaurants incManila on Trip Advisor. Starbucks is listed as number sixteen. I think that pretty much says it all. Truly fine dining is simply unavailable here though decent, acceptable restaurants are available. For the most part, Filipinos know little about culinary excellence, and quantity and low cost transcend quality. Chain restaurants are, for many, the epitome of excellence.

GE

Reports

Fast Eddie 48

Tailor in Manila

Quote Originally Posted by X Man  [View Original Post]
    Can anyone recommend a tailor in the MM area. X
    To X man

Even you find a good Tailor in Manila the material is low Quality, if you care about good Quality suit do it in Hong Kong or Singapore.

Fast Eddie 48

Reports

Fast Eddie 48

Land of the garlic eater

Quote Originally Posted by Hutsori  [View Original Post]
    You haven't been to Seoul, have ya? The Korean food is great of course, but every other cuisine is mediocre at best, more often done poorly, and over priced.

Overall I've been very pleased with dining here from basic canteens to fine dining. My chief compliant is many of the cheap places serve cold rice which I'm not a fan of. I would recommend staying away from the malls if you want to eat very well. Finding where to go is easy enough; Manila is a very info friendly city and the dining scene is well served by several dozen knowledgeable bloggers / reviewers. Just google "best ________ in Manila" or "top 10 _______ in Manila" and you'll find decent reviews and recommendations.
    To Hutsori.

The land of the garlic eater even pussy taste like it, I spend 2 month in Seoul back in 1988 during the Olympic everything is much cheaper then, I know price is much higher nowdays you cannot compare the two city S Korea is a more devlope country than PI and there are much better international cusine in Seoul than Manila.

Fast Eddie 48

Quote Originally Posted by Tally Wacker  [View Original Post]
    So we exited Yellow Cab and she said she had to go pee and I was stuck standing there holding this huge fucking pizza feeling like a sucker. As she was in the CR I said fuck it and left her and took the pizza back to my hotel and gave it to the staff. LOL.

The girl texted me a little later asking me where I went and what happened to her pizza? I told her I gave it away and I was going to go fuck a nice girl and buy her a phone.

The hotel staff treated me pretty good after that so it wasnt a total waste.

Lesson learned.
    Excellent experience on what to look for. I guess there are girls that have very early worked out how to milk guys for the extras. For me usually it is something like, she wants the trike paid as soon as she arrives, then needs Jollibee, then needs something for something else. I think however that reading this forum and from being in the country it is very obvious that there are many many pinay that are too polite to ask for anything. So, this has reminded me, be cautious of any pinay looking for gifts and pleasantries up front.

Clogged IN Box

Quote Originally Posted by X Man  [View Original Post]
    Clear your inbox XMan.

I cannot send you a PM

Reports

Cunning Stunt
    Quote Originally Posted by Starchild2012  [View Original Post]
    However, there are good options in Bangkok, also in Pattaya that are reasonably priced.
    You are right there, SC. In the late eighties, I used to spend hours on traffic clogged Bangkok streets just to get to the Royal Indian in Chakrephet, which at that time was the only authentic Indian curry house in Bangkok. Now there are many high end Indian restaurants in both Bangkok and Pattaya serving the best Indian food that you will find outside the sub-continent, London, Birmingham or Bradford. I still have foodie wet dreams about the stupendous biriani served at Mrs Balbir's on Sukhumvit Soi 11. Lovely lady too.

Quote Originally Posted by Skip Kost  [View Original Post]
    The pizza at Yellow Cab is okay, but calzone is disappointing. I do not recall whether I have had calzone in Italy, but those I have had in Germany and the USA provided marinara sauce, either on top or in a small side dish. Not at Yellow Cab. I even asked if they could sell me a small quantity of sauce warmed up. They said they couldn't."No sir, we don't serve calzone that way." "Could I talk to the manager"? Same answer. How idiotic. I could see the sauce right by their stove, and they had various little containers for other food items that could have been used as a container. But no, they don't serve it that way. The manager apparently felt no discretion to do something original. I have asked at several different Yellow Cab outlets. In the end, the calzone leaves your throat a little parched.
    Thanks for the tip. I Googled it for more info. I will try it out. Check out these places that serve calzone.

http://www.munchpunch.com/metro-manila?q=calzone

Quote Originally Posted by Cunning Stunt  [View Original Post]
    That sounds like a case of familiarity breeding contempt. You dismiss one of the worlds great cuisines as just curry! And in praise of Yellow Cab Pizzas. LOL. You are obviously a gastronome of some note.

Wish that I could get a decent curry in Manila. There are Indian restaurants but the ones I've tried have been mediocre and overpriced.
    Hahaha. True. I have had curries every day for the last 36 years. I wanted to try something different. Yellow Cab Pizza was a breath of fresh air. I ordered it often during my stay in Manila. In India, the Pizza's they make is a crime on humanity, it taste like curry side dish. They use Indian Masalas over pizza. And I know I will never be able to make it to Italy, so when I tasted yellow cab. I was blown away. Compared to back home. Getting a good pizza in Asia was unbelievable. And the poster from US mentioned that he liked pizza in Manila and he must have tasted one and all back home. I knew then. Yellow cab pizzas have good quality.

Do not try Indian food in Manila. They were started by 5-6 money lending business communities not by chef who are passionate about Indian food. Every single restaurant in Manila is owned by a money lender from India. However, there are good options in Bangkok, also in Pattaya that are reasonably priced.

Quote Originally Posted by Skip Kost  [View Original Post]
    The pizza at Yellow Cab is okay, but calzone is disappointing. I do not recall whether I have had calzone in Italy, but those I have had in Germany and the USA provided marinara sauce, either on top or in a small side dish. Not at Yellow Cab. I even asked if they could sell me a small quantity of sauce warmed up. They said they couldn't."No sir, we don't serve calzone that way." "Could I talk to the manager"? Same answer. How idiotic. I could see the sauce right by their stove, and they had various little containers for other food items that could have been used as a container. But no, they don't serve it that way. The manager apparently felt no discretion to do something original. I have asked at several different Yellow Cab outlets. In the end, the calzone leaves your throat a little parched.
    BYOM = Bring Your Own Marinara

The Yellow Cab reminds me of a girl I met at a KTV bar close to Robinson's on my first trip to Phil a few years ago. I wondered in to the bar one evening and picked her to come sit with me from a line up of girls along the wall. There were a couple Japanese guys inside singing Karaoke while a group of girls lit their cigarettes and massaged them.

The girl I picked was about 23 and very pretty and knew how to milk me for drinks and make small talk. I was able to get her # and went back to the hotel alone because she said they don't barfine there. I was lucky to be able to get another girl I saw on a previous night to come back for 2nds that night.

Well I traded texts with the KTV girl the next day and explained what I wanted to do with her back at the hotel. She was willing to meet me at Robinson's Mall for dinner. She wanted Yellow Cab. Ah ok whatever hon. I met her at the entrance and as we walked by the stores toward Yellow Cab she started with buy me this and buy me that shit. I was new to Phil but not dumb. As we passed the phone store she practically demanded me to buy her a new phone. I said sure I will get you one tomorrow after we go fuck at the hotel tonight. LOL. She said oh why not now? I don't know why I continued with the date but I did. Remember this was my first trip.

We ordered food at Yellow Cab and I tried to figure this girl out. She was very skilled at giving me the right answers. She played coy at coming to my hotel after dinner and mentioned she would come after her work. She asked if she could get something to go to take to work and I said ok. Before I knew it she ordered the largest most expensive pizza on the menu. WTF? It was already being made before I figured it out and I ended up paying for it. I think I paid like $30 for the pizza plus our dinner. At this point I was over this sexy girl.

So we exited Yellow Cab and she said she had to go pee and I was stuck standing there holding this huge fucking pizza feeling like a sucker. As she was in the CR I said fuck it and left her and took the pizza back to my hotel and gave it to the staff. LOL.

The girl texted me a little later asking me where I went and what happened to her pizza? I told her I gave it away and I was going to go fuck a nice girl and buy her a phone.

The hotel staff treated me pretty good after that so it wasnt a total waste.

Lesson learned.

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie 48  [View Original Post]
    I think Manila have the worst in Dinning for a big city in Asia.
    You haven't been to Seoul, have ya? The Korean food is great of course, but every other cuisine is mediocre at best, more often done poorly, and over priced.

Overall I've been very pleased with dining here from basic canteens to fine dining. My chief compliant is many of the cheap places serve cold rice which I'm not a fan of. I would recommend staying away from the malls if you want to eat very well. Finding where to go is easy enough; Manila is a very info friendly city and the dining scene is well served by several dozen knowledgeable bloggers / reviewers. Just google "best ________ in Manila" or "top 10 _______ in Manila" and you'll find decent reviews and recommendations.

Quote Originally Posted by Starchild2012  [View Original Post]
    Also, Yellow Cab Pizza is amazing.Coming from an American member.you must have tasted it all back home.I'm from India.Just curry and nothing to compare.But once i tasted Yellow Cab.I really thought it was special.I really needed this confirmation as my bro is in US and he brags about all Italian food he gets to eat and i said.We also have Pizza's in Manila that are world class.

Reports

Econo Tech
    Quote Originally Posted by Cbea20  [View Original Post]
    Try the Banana Leaf. The one at Greenbelt 3, second floor, has mutton curry. Not so at Robinson's Place Ermita, only chicken. I prefer Malaysian cuisine to Indian in any case.
    But don't expect the Banana Leaf to be anywhere near the original. Even though they spun off the Singapore version, they toned down the spice level and serve Prata with Sugar and insist that this is how people in SG eat (yes, some eat with Sugar, a-la Dessert / snack, but not for meals.)

Heck, the Indonesian Restaurant in Green Belt gave a new meaning to Oxtail Soup. It was smothered in Sugar.

The Indian at the 3rd floor (Bollywood?) was more nicer.

Then again, the Thai food I found in PH were more spicier. And closer to original, than the 'localised' foods.

The best Thai Curry I had was in Rivera Mansion. LOL

Posting Limitations