Thread: Jakarta - Hotels

+ Add Report
Page 1 of 104 1 2 3 4 5 11 51 101 ... LastLast
This forum thread is moderated by Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterDiverII  [View Original Post]
    I don't think the Oria is, but The Sofyan hotels are. You can double check with the hotel if you want.

MD II.
    Was able to contact the Oria hotel and the only two requirements are that the room must be reserve for two people and the guest must have I'd. So look like I would let everyone know how my stay was next month.

Quote Originally Posted by DickHertz  [View Original Post]
    Thanks MD II. I will try to contact the hotel.
    I don't think the Oria is, but The Sofyan hotels are. You can double check with the hotel if you want.

MD II.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterDiverII  [View Original Post]
    The only problem in Jakarta is if you stay at a Syariah (Muslim law) hotel. Otherwise there are no issues bringing girls to rooms. Oria is just behind Sarinah Thamrin and pretty convenient. Good luck.

MD II.
    Thanks MD II. I will try to contact the hotel.

Quote Originally Posted by DickHertz  [View Original Post]
    I will be staying here next month because of a great deal and the location but can anyone tell me about this place. Like the over all quality of the hotel and will I get dirty looks when I bring girls back to the room.
    The only problem in Jakarta is if you stay at a Syariah (Muslim law) hotel. Otherwise there are no issues bringing girls to rooms. Oria is just behind Sarinah Thamrin and pretty convenient. Good luck.

MD II.

Oria Hotel

I will be staying here next month because of a great deal and the location but can anyone tell me about this place. Like the over all quality of the hotel and will I get dirty looks when I bring girls back to the room.

Quote Originally Posted by MWong  [View Original Post]
    HHM,

There is a spa at the Orchardz near the airport, and the girls can perform an "oily" and full service.

650K to pay upfront, or a lesser amount (don't remember how much) and you can try to nego the specific finish with the girls themselves. I pay fix price. My negotiating skills no good when vulnerable or horny or both.

Maybe I was lucky but I had a better looking girl here than I ever had at Orchardz Jl Industri.

There is free shuttle to the airport every hour but can get very full, might be better going for taxi if in hurry.

Goodluck,

MW
    MWong.

I going to stay around the Orchardz near airport. However, I have to catch a flight at 2 pm.

Does the hotel offer plus plus or FJ in the morning?

Morrissey hotel

I have seen some favorable remarks about Hotel Morrissey. I have stayed there maybe 4 or 5 times. The rooms and the location are okay, there is a good Italian restaurant downstairs.

But it can be difficult to get a taxi at times. The shower is really small. And they are really not flexible with the check in times.

If you arrive 11.00 in the morning after a long flight, you have to wait till 13.00 in the lobby before you can check in.

It's a good hotel, but unless you can get a promo, not really good value for money. My own favorite is Grand Mercure, a great location as well.

Reports

FreebieFan
    Quote Originally Posted by MightySpearsman  [View Original Post]
    , and the traffic layout (divided highways, circles, one-way roads, difficulty in making you-turns, etc.) can make travelling even a short trip take several minutes. It could easily take 5 to 10 minutes just to get onto a main road from your hotel.
    Same highway.

Reminds me of the time I left Le Meridien one afternoon heading for the airport. We exit the hotel, go up the highway past the spa, make a you turn, down the same highway and eventually turn right onto highway to airport. Distance covered, from point a to point be, maybe 200 metres as the crow flies. Time taken, 75 minutes. Another heart in the mouth will I make or miss the flight.

Covering distances in Jakarta

Quote Originally Posted by PipeLayer99  [View Original Post]
    Nope never been there. That's why I looked it up on google maps. Doing my homework and taking notes for my trip.

Another member had asked about it. It wasn't my question. I was looking clarification about the distance from the 'closer' Ritz hotel to the bar. The Ritz at Pacific Place is really close, while the 2nd Ritz at Mega Kuningan is MUCH further. To give a better estimate, I would have said about 10 from Pacific Place and less than 20 from Mega Kuning.

For me, if it takes 20 minutes to go just over a mile, I'd rather walk than sit in bumper to bumper traffic. I can walk a mile in under 20 min.
    On the return to the hotel with a lady I would take a cab (with or without traffic) .
    Normally you would be right but you're forgetting that temperatures in Jakarta rarely are below 30 degrees Celsius so you'd better slow down a little like most Indonesians do.

You'll take more time to cover a mile. After about 21:00 hrs (9 pm) traffic eases considerably so you're quite safe to take a taxi.

Regards,

Ko.

5 to 10 minutes with traffic? It sounds as if you've never been to Jakarta before, LOL.

KiJang had already answered your question in his post that you had referred to. A taxi trip should be less than 20 minutes after 11 pm, but not that much less. Traffic is horrendous in Jakarta, even during the late night hours, and the traffic layout (divided highways, circles, one-way roads, difficulty in making you-turns, etc.) can make travelling even a short trip take several minutes. It could easily take 5 to 10 minutes just to get onto a main road from your hotel.
    Nope never been there. That's why I looked it up on google maps. Doing my homework and taking notes for my trip.

Another member had asked about it. It wasn't my question. I was looking clarification about the distance from the 'closer' Ritz hotel to the bar. The Ritz at Pacific Place is really close, while the 2nd Ritz at Mega Kuningan is MUCH further. To give a better estimate, I would have said about 10 from Pacific Place and less than 20 from Mega Kuning.

For me, if it takes 20 minutes to go just over a mile, I'd rather walk than sit in bumper to bumper traffic. I can walk a mile in under 20 min.
    On the return to the hotel with a lady I would take a cab (with or without traffic) .

A walk at night.

MD and Cooze, I would think that it's not about the distance but about the safety when walking alone at that time. (After 11.00 pm).

Quote Originally Posted by CoozeHound  [View Original Post]
    I would happily walk that trip in the evening. From P Place go over to Fairgrounds where Lucy in The Sky and Potato Head Garage are, then down to your right to Jl Sudirman. A hundred meters to your right is an over bridge to cross that, then go left a bit and along Jl Pintu Gelora 1, past the Century Atlet Hotel and when you hit Jl Asia Afrika turn right and soon you will be opposite the Mulia Hotel (CJ's).

But having said that I guess its not so helpful if you do not know the area. Some people like to walk though.
    True but some locals don't like to. I was given strange looks a few years ago when I said I was going to walk back to Manhattan Hotel from Ambassador Mall.

MD II.

From the looks on Google maps, CJ's appears to be about 1. 5 - 2 miles from Ritz Carlton / Pacific place mall. I know you said less than 20 min.

I would think the taxi trip would be closer to 5-10 minutes with traffic. Whats the best estimate for after 11 pm?
    I would happily walk that trip in the evening. From P Place go over to Fairgrounds where Lucy in The Sky and Potato Head Garage are, then down to your right to Jl Sudirman. A hundred meters to your right is an over bridge to cross that, then go left a bit and along Jl Pintu Gelora 1, past the Century Atlet Hotel and when you hit Jl Asia Afrika turn right and soon you will be opposite the Mulia Hotel (CJ's).

But having said that I guess its not so helpful if you do not know the area. Some people like to walk though.

5 to 10 minutes with traffic? It sounds as if you've never been to Jakarta before, LOL.

KiJang had already answered your question in his post that you had referred to. A taxi trip should be less than 20 minutes after 11 pm, but not that much less. Traffic is horrendous in Jakarta, even during the late night hours, and the traffic layout (divided highways, circles, one-way roads, difficulty in making you-turns, etc.) can make travelling even a short trip take several minutes. It could easily take 5 to 10 minutes just to get onto a main road from your hotel.
    It's taken me 30 minutes before just to get to the the main road (Gatot Subroto) during rush hour. Jakarta is all about planning your meeting locations and timing around the traffic.

MD II.

Reports

Mighty Spearsman
    From the looks on Google maps, CJ's appears to be about 1. 5 - 2 miles from Ritz Carlton / Pacific place mall. I know you said less than 20 min.

I would think the taxi trip would be closer to 5-10 minutes with traffic. Whats the best estimate for after 11 pm?

Posting Limitations