Thread: Jakarta - Hotels

+ Add Report
Page 1 of 99 1 2 3 4 5 11 51 ... LastLast
    Reports

Traveler1234
    Quote Originally Posted by KiJang  [View Original Post]
    Morrissey early bird rate for 2013 is USD 87- all inclusive (Studio with breakfast). After waiting for ages for Agoda, Asiarooms rates to drop below USD 100, bit the bullet and booked direct through the hotel website. These rates are available for bookings made more than 30 days in advance and are NOT flexible and CANNOT be canceled.
    Anyone stay there recently; hotel now over 2+ years old. How's the rooms and service these days?

Reports

Fast Eddie 48

12 hr lay over

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoRicky  [View Original Post]
    Hey,

Have 12 hours and looking for a hotel anywhere an hour away from airport for some pool sitting and girl action. Any suggestions are appreciated? Mid April. Checked the boards and got didn't find much.

Thanks,

DR
    To DR.

Depend on the time of the day 12 hr you can just take a Taxi to Kota check out Hotel travel or Classic terminal still have time to hit the mall and back to the airport no sure on a layover you can leave the transit area might still need to paid the 25 USD visa charge past Immgration.

Fast Eddie 48

Any reccs for a 12 hour layover in Jakarta?

Hey,

Have 12 hours and looking for a hotel anywhere an hour away from airport for some pool sitting and girl action. Any suggestions are appreciated? Mid April. Checked the boards and got didn't find much.

Thanks,

DR

Hotel Mulia

Did a flying visit to the big durian about a month ago, only one night and stayed at the Mulia. They do not do in room massage any more so I went down to the spa area. Last time I had a great massage there. This time, total bust. Reasonable massage, but she would not do HJ or anything. Tried to tell me they do not do it any more.

So no tip for her, and since it was only about 9pm I went back to my room to catch a few hours sleep then was going to hit CJs once it got going. Slept through my midnight alarm and woke up at 5am feeling refreshed but horny as a priest in a school boys locker room.

Next time I arrive in town and need to unload as soon as I check in I will just to to my place which is close by.

Quote Originally Posted by Member #2453  [View Original Post]
    Hi,

Is Shangri-La hotel in the middle of action? How far is Alleix from here? Visiting Jakarta for the first time.

Thanks in advance
    Please do read as this has been covered many times before. Shangri-La has action in the basement in BATS. Otherwise it's not too far at night from the other locations. The worry is more on the daytime traffic. It all depends on your preferences for North or South Jakarta action and what your itinerary is.

MD II

The Shang is located quite central, although there's nothing other than BATS in the immediate vicinity of it. Everywhere is a taxi ride.

Once you travel 1km-2km north of it, and you pass the Welcome Statue / roundabout (and Hyatt, Mandarin, Kempinski). There won't be any 5star hotels of the Shang standard.

So if your company is paying for it, I'd stay there.

Alexis is reasonably remote in the Ancol (nth Jakarta) area. It is only accessible by taxi. To get to it you will pass many of the places mentioned in forum that are in 'KOTA' area.

The other option, in the same vein as Alexis is Maliboro, IMHO not quite as good as Alexis, because at Alexis you can take the girl into the pool for some pre-room fondling in her bikini. , but its much closer on Hayum Waruk.

Timewise to Alexis from the Shang could be as little as 45mins (weekend or after 9pm) , as much as 1. 5hrs (peak hour. Or more if its raining).

Do some research on Alexis. It is expensive, but really a unique place in SthEastAsia. Girls are top shelf, and the venue is all class. My opinion go for the Indo girls, they are much better in bed than the overpriced Chinese or Uzbekistan girls.

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Member #2453  [View Original Post]
    Hi,

Is Shangri-La hotel in the middle of action? How far is Alleix from here? Visiting Jakarta for the first time.

Thanks in advance

Shangri-La (BATS)

Hi,

Thanks in advance

Which Novotel is recommended?

Hi,

I am planning my first stay in Indonesia. For my single night in Jakarta I have 2 (3) hotels in my final decission.

Best for price-performance ratio would be Novotel Jakarta Mangga Dua Square. But is it near the action (SW?).

Or should I go to the Novotel Jakarta Gajah Mada alternatively Mercure Kota is right next to it. But it looks like the these two hotels do not have a clublounge for relaxing before my midnight return flight to europe.

Hope you can help me! Thanks. Will report back after my trip in April.

Regards,

JubiSan

I must say I always enjoyed my stay in Ambhara. I have been there probably 6 or 7 times. Recently they introduced a new system when you can go tou your floor only on the lift with your room electronic key. To avoid the walk of shame you can go to the first floor using wide curved stairs and takethe lift from there. Few years back I had a massage session for 125000 and the girl was hinting from the start to do it my room, not in the health centre, but I was not in the mood and massage was mediocre. The best thing about this hotel is its proximity to action. I'll stay there again.

Ambhara hotel

Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Spearsman  [View Original Post]
    Yes, very much so.

There haven't been any recent posts about it, but I do recall reading several posts in past years about guys liking Ambhara Hotel because of its location and being girl-friendly.

Look forward to reading your trip reports!
    Ambhara is pretty good (location in Blok M, excellent breakfast, GF) but it is beginning to show its age. It dates from the mid 90's and hasn't been renovated since. Rooms are fairly small but clean and the bathrooms could use an update. I stayed there for a week in January. For those who still believe there is such a thing as a walk of shame: to reach the main elevators you walk past the front desk.

Regards,

Ko
    Last edited by Koperen Karel; 01-26-14 at 19:18. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by Prison Break  [View Original Post]
    Hi,

Is it the norm here for an hotel to charge 50% of the rate for an early check in?

I booked 3 nights for next month and they said check in is at 2pm therefore they can t guarantee my a room but if I show up at 7am they will charge me 50.

Seems pretty unusual but again this will be my first time in Jakarta.
    For 7AM they need to block the night before. I'd expect 100% charge. They are kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie 48  [View Original Post]
    To Michelangelo.

I stay there many time no problem bring girl back will be staying there again next week very good hotel but bar at Blok M are going down hill, N Jarkata Kota and Glodok is where all the action are now.

Fast Eddie 48
    The Ambhara is getting a bit old and tired like the pubs in Blok M.

North Jakarta or the Menteng area is a better option for flexibility and reaching the more uptodate nite spots. Plenty of deals on booking.com.

Reports

Fast Eddie 48

Girl freindly

Quote Originally Posted by Michelangelo  [View Original Post]
    Planning a visit to Jakarta very soon and wanted to stay in Blok M area. Is Ambhara Hotel girlfriendly?
    To Michelangelo.

I stay there many time no problem bring girl back will be staying there again next week very good hotel but bar at Blok M are going down hill, N Jarkata Kota and Glodok is where all the action are now.

Fast Eddie 48

Reports

Mighty Spearsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Michelangelo  [View Original Post]
    Planning a visit to Jakarta very soon and wanted to stay in Blok M area. Is Ambhara Hotel girlfriendly?
    Yes, very much so.

There haven't been any recent posts about it, but I do recall reading several posts in past years about guys liking Ambhara Hotel because of its location and being girl-friendly.

Look forward to reading your trip reports!

Ambhara hotel

+ Add Report
Page 1 of 99 1 2 3 4 5 11 51 ... LastLast

Posting Limitations