Thread: Madagascar

+ Add Report
Page 14 of 92 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 24 64 ... LastLast

Madalicious

I fully agree with this analysis from first to last line.

I have been busy and lazy last few months but I spent again wonderful time one month in Tamatave in February and will report soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Frdrich55  [View Original Post]
    Hello.

I was in Mada for occupation and for recreation. Several times. I not write about it before but read the stories here. The gentlemen who visit already many times do give very good infos.

But the people who ask and compare to other countries do not listen to the older voices and not understand Mada.

Mada red island is unique. Its grande and got many different people. The leadership is still based on tribe system and family ties. And Malagasy like enjoy and be happy. Just open Youtube and listen to the Malagasy music then you will understand.

Marriage is good but mistress is normal. Malagasy men not go to prostitute but to the mistress. If you want to enjoy Malagasy Liberty then do not look for prostitute but for gasy girl friend. She will come with you if you treat her well and have a good conversation: no french = no chemistry!

Next day you give her money for the day. Not for the night before. The night was fun for her also. Why pay? But today no food at home and she want to buy a new dress. Take care of her needs. You are her vahaza m'sieur and not a customer and she not a poutain.

It is not Pattaya, Angeles or DR. If you like watch gogo dance, drink whiskey all night and only know how to barfine but can not attract girls by your person, you will not enjoy Mada. Sorry.

And question about police raid and that old story in NosyBe: Mada is not Angeles and IJM not arrive. But then. It is in transition. Law not enforced. Every policemen look for his own advantage not to protect you but also not to put you in jail because then he get nothing. If you frightened of your own shadow: don't go please.

And question about money: it is not a country for student trip. Infrastructure bad. Transport expensive or you use taxi brousse and get brousse ass. LOL. Hotels not cheap but then also no fleas and cockroaches. Private B&B? Not good for vahaza's. Eating with nice french influence and no McDonald. If you life simple, you spend 50-EU / day as tourist. Comfortable and with a companion it will be 100-EU / day and more.

Most expensive the flight: from Paris direct now above 1000 EU with AirAstral. AF more then 1300 EU and Air Mada stupid 2000 EU. For that money one can go to BKK and do a week all inclusive. But not same same! For me Madalicious. For other not so much.

Veloma'

But the people who ask and compare to other countries do not listen to the older voices and not understand Mada red island is unique. Its grande and got many different people.
    You are absolutely correct, but evidently some people are incapable of comprehending this. To travel to the other side of the world only to try to live as meanly and cheaply as possible. Unbelievable.

I agree!

But we call these girls normal or regular girls. They have financial needs and we have sexual needs. You can put nice bouquet of flowers and put in beautiful box and spray it with nice perfume but at the end you know what it is!

Of course when you are with the girl you never think this way and you never erve talk this way because you are happy, she is happy and the sex is great, the conversation is fantastic and the pleasure hormones are secreted in your body. You feel no pain. Etc.

I am not looking for prostitutes. Ok.

I understand and know what to do when it is time to say goodbye to her. I am a gentleman.

But one thing I do not accept is cost of living. More specifically hotel cost.

You seem very familiar with the island and been there several times before. Can you tell me which parts of Mada has lower cost hotels? Or what is a better more economic option than hotel? Living with family for example like we do in Cuba. Or do hotels give a better weekly or monthly rate.

Guys, I am trying to go there within 2 Wks. I am in the Persian gulf now and the ticket is only 1009 USD. If I go back to the states I am looking at 2700 USD and a 48 hrs of travelling one one!

I need more affordable lodging options!

Hello.

I was in Mada for occupation and for recreation. Several times. I not write about it before but read the stories here. The gentlemen who visit already many times do give very good infos.

But the people who ask and compare to other countries do not listen to the older voices and not understand Mada.

Mada red island is unique. Its grande and got many different people. The leadership is still based on tribe system and family ties. And Malagasy like enjoy and be happy. Just open Youtube and listen to the Malagasy music then you will understand.

Marriage is good but mistress is normal. Malagasy men not go to prostitute but to the mistress. If you want to enjoy Malagasy Liberty then do not look for prostitute but for gasy girl friend. She will come with you if you treat her well and have a good conversation: no french = no chemistry!

Next day you give her money for the day. Not for the night before. The night was fun for her also. Why pay? But today no food at home and she want to buy a new dress. Take care of her needs. You are her vahaza m'sieur and not a customer and she not a poutain.

It is not Pattaya, Angeles or DR. If you like watch gogo dance, drink whiskey all night and only know how to barfine but can not attract girls by your person, you will not enjoy Mada. Sorry.

And question about police raid and that old story in NosyBe: Mada is not Angeles and IJM not arrive. But then. It is in transition. Law not enforced. Every policemen look for his own advantage not to protect you but also not to put you in jail because then he get nothing. If you frightened of your own shadow: don't go please.

And question about money: it is not a country for student trip. Infrastructure bad. Transport expensive or you use taxi brousse and get brousse ass. LOL. Hotels not cheap but then also no fleas and cockroaches. Private B&B? Not good for vahaza's. Eating with nice french influence and no McDonald. If you life simple, you spend 50-EU / day as tourist. Comfortable and with a companion it will be 100-EU / day and more.

Most expensive the flight: from Paris direct now above 1000 EU with AirAstral. AF more then 1300 EU and Air Mada stupid 2000 EU. For that money one can go to BKK and do a week all inclusive. But not same same! For me Madalicious. For other not so much.

Veloma'

Hello.

Veloma'

Thanks Golfinho,

I just looked that hotel on its website. Too expensive for me it was around 100k Ar for climatized bungalow and that's around 50 USD. Dinner per person was quoted at Round 20k Ar around 10 USD.

NOT good prices for me. I'll be vacationing for a month.

I don't get it, I stayed in Medellin Colombia which is way more developed and touristic destination and payed around 12 USD per night and my dinner was around 5 USD, breakfast 2 USD, lunch 3 USD. 500ml bottled water 1 USD.

Can someone recommend a lower cost accommodation or options? Or even lower cost towns and villages. How about renting a small room from a local family!

I'll also visit Morondava, Sambava, and Antalaha.

Maybe Toliara is a tourist heavy town. So I should pass!

I will look for YouTube videos.

Thanks a lot Golfinho.

Quote Originally Posted by Golfinho  [View Original Post]
    Had plenty of fun in Tulear, it's just that it's a boring place. Get a good hotel with a pool (Le Paletuvier excellent) because here is NOT a lot to do. Can't you find any videos on youtube to look at. Or, simply use your imagination and imagine it is pretty much like anywhere else in Madagascar. Ja. If you're just so lonely you need to find a girl to keep you 24/7 company on your little vacation, then you can find one here. And, if after a couple days she shows up with a cousin and a sister. FAMILY. Then you are gladly buying them a pizza dinner and pitcher of beer. Beyond that is another story.

Had plenty of fun in Tulear, it's just that it's a boring place. Get a good hotel with a pool (Le Paletuvier excellent) because here is NOT a lot to do. Can't you find any videos on youtube to look at. Or, simply use your imagination and imagine it is pretty much like anywhere else in Madagascar. Ja. If you're just so lonely you need to find a girl to keep you 24/7 company on your little vacation, then you can find one here. And, if after a couple days she shows up with a cousin and a sister. FAMILY. Then you are gladly buying them a pizza dinner and pitcher of beer. Beyond that is another story.

Interesting!

The 10k was mentioned by another expert monger who unlike me actually been in Morandava, Sambava and Antalaha madagascar. I believe it may have been John Palmer who recommended this DAILY rate. Which, if put in the current economic context of the country, is a lot of money! So I don't see that being pathetic.

Now, I have no idea what Toliara looks like. So you may want to tell me if indeed it is one of the large cities or if it is a hot spot for prostitutes condensed with sex tourists. All these factors can inflate this 10k daily rate no doubt.

Now, if I get along well with a girl, it is natural I will cover expenses and some gifts while accompanied but NEVER family. Been there and never again!

Sorry you didn't have fun in Toliara. In which towns did you find better luck?

Quote Originally Posted by Golfinho  [View Original Post]
    Spent a week there earlier this month. There is not a lot to do. Other than getting to nearby beaches and islands, but if you are a no money guy this might be cost prohibitive. Plenty of girls though, on promenade between Hotel Le Paletuvier and Le Boeuf. After dark, but if you cannot speak a word of French (or Malagasy, ja) you aren't going to be able to do much of anything with them. 10k? That's pathetic, don't insult them. How it works in Madagascar is: if you hook up with a girl she will expect you to take care of her, I. E. You are obliged to be a man. IF you're up for the task, this means taking her out, restaurants, feeding her and whatever family she shows up with, and shopping, she will want things to wear. And once you get one, she is on you like glue and if you try to change expect trouble. It's a small place, they all know each other. I can't think of any reason to go back there and only stayed a week because could not get a flight back and seeing the taxi brousse situation there was no way to sit jammed into one of those for 12 or whatever hours. Are the girls from Tuleare beautiful? I would not say yes, but there is a range of body types, all dark, and including the small petite and some are cute. They've been fully exposed to the amis and well familiar with foreigners.

Tuleare

Spent a week there earlier this month. There is not a lot to do. Other than getting to nearby beaches and islands, but if you are a no money guy this might be cost prohibitive. Plenty of girls though, on promenade between Hotel Le Paletuvier and Le Boeuf. After dark, but if you cannot speak a word of French (or Malagasy, ja) you aren't going to be able to do much of anything with them. 10k? That's pathetic, don't insult them. How it works in Madagascar is: if you hook up with a girl she will expect you to take care of her, I. E. You are obliged to be a man. IF you're up for the task, this means taking her out, restaurants, feeding her and whatever family she shows up with, and shopping, she will want things to wear. And once you get one, she is on you like glue and if you try to change expect trouble. It's a small place, they all know each other. I can't think of any reason to go back there and only stayed a week because could not get a flight back and seeing the taxi brousse situation there was no way to sit jammed into one of those for 12 or whatever hours. Are the girls from Tuleare beautiful? I would not say yes, but there is a range of body types, all dark, and including the small petite and some are cute. They've been fully exposed to the amis and well familiar with foreigners.

My first trip in a couple of weeks.

Vavy,

Nice info man. You reaffirmed my thoughts on the capital city and NoseBe. That being said I want to know a couple of things before my upcoming trip:

1- Do you agree Toliara is where the most beautiful girls are by majority consensus?

2- Can you describe the SocioEco situation of girls from Toliara or where you think the most beautiful girls are?

3- Is 10k Ar good for a 24hr companionship by a Non-pro?

4- What does it cost for a hotel over there? Hopefully not a lot.

5- Can you paint me a comparable picture of Toliara; Service, safety, attitudes, cost of living, transports. Etc.

Thanks a lot for your info, I am on a tight budget (student) and will stay there for at least a month. Yes, a month to get over those hot young pop culture teens classmates who won't give me a second look because of the age difference. Culture is a funny but relative creature.

It will be great to meet up there for a drink and socialize since my French is zero. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Vavy Lover  [View Original Post]
    From my experience, most of the girls in Ambatoloaka come from Dar es Salaam, a town on the road just NE of Ambato. This is a non-tourist, dusty working town that you drive through on the way to Ambato. Also Hellville, which is another option to Ambatoloaka that is less touristy and laid back.
    Note that after a night of partying in Ambatolka, girls from these other places are oftentimes not keen to go back home late at night saying they are afraid of being attacked and or raped. In some cases yes a pretense of getting into your hotel room and wallet but most are serious sincere about this fear and you can offer one (or two) to stay with you no cost just so they can avoid having to go home.

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor2522  [View Original Post]
    Did anyone think to ask where the majority of Nosy Bé girls come from originally, to go to the source and avoid the island's Euro-cost hotels and potential police scams?
    From my experience, most of the girls in Ambatoloaka come from Dar es Salaam, a town on the road just NE of Ambato. This is a non-tourist, dusty working town that you drive through on the way to Ambato. Also Hellville, which is another option to Ambatoloaka that is less touristy and laid back (but no beaches) , more a working city where the main port is, and has a variety of cheaper hotels. Great disco there call Discoteque 1, and a bar that gets going on certain nights call Manava. But most action is in Ambatoloaka, much wilder party atmosphere if that is what you are looking for, which is a AR10, 000 taxi ride from Hellville (or AR2, 000 in a communal taxi where you get to squeeze in the back seat with typically a bunch of girls heading to Ambato for the night).

I routinely avoid any place that advertises prices in Euros. They are all highly inflated and in most cases you DO NOT get what you pay for, when you pay more. The hotel that I mentioned in previous messages is run by a Malagasy guy, and in Hellville you can pay from AR40, 000 to 70, 000 for nice digs. La Plantation and Tjinjo are two good options, right next to each other close to the market.

Something else I notice, is that Nosy Be girls tend to stay on Nosy Be, you don't see them in Tana or other parts of Mada. And vice-versa, you don't often find girls from other spots in Nosy Be. In Tana you find lots of girls from the SW and the East coast, but I have never met a girl from Nosy Be, and very few from Mahajunga or other parts of NW.

Quote Originally Posted by OpenRoad  [View Original Post]
    Thanks Vavy and Botaki6. Appreciate the advice very much. Sent an email off to Hotel Espadon this morning and they replied tonight saying that there was no problem with a vacancy. Price quoted is €63 a night for an ocean view room with double bed. A bit more than what I was originally planning to spend, but sounds ok for a relatively short stay. Rooms and location look rather nice on their website so I'll give it a go.

http://www.espadon-nosybe.com/index....id=136&lang=fr

They also mentioned that for an extra €15, they would provide a pick-up service from the airport. Have been left waiting on previous occasions during my travels, so not sure if this is really necessary for a middle of the day arrival. Taxi to / from the Nosy Be airport probably the same cost or maybe a bus / taxi-brouse service just as good perhaps?

Cheers,

Opernroad
    The Espadon is a rather nice place, and if you can afford it that is great. You don't have to pay that much on Madagascar though. I made a map of Ambatoloaka from Google that shows the location of the hotel I was talking about in my early message (paid Ar60, 000 / night in 2009) at the bottom, and Espadon at the top. The main road is barely seen in yellow, but it is a short 5-10min walk between the two, so this is a relatively small place. The main bars that are active during day and evening are about half way down the road between them. At night there are two main discos that get going after midnight. Both are off the map and a short walk to the east at top. Jemba, which is a little more run down and dingy, and La Sirena, nicer.

As for transport from the airport, there are plenty of taxi's available, with standard rates. It costs Ar20, 000 to go to Hellville, and I think AR30, 000 to go to Ambatoloaka, but not certain.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Ambatoloaka hotel.jpg‎  

Did anyone think to ask where the majority of Nosy Bé girls come from originally, to go to the source and avoid the island's Euro-cost hotels and potential police scams?

Ambatoloaka, Nosy Be

Quote Originally Posted by Vavy Lover  [View Original Post]
    Thanks for that input Botaki, I did not realize that about G&F's place. There is a hotel just north of G&F's that I stayed at but can't recall the name. It is right at the bend in the road (kind of a "dog's leg") as you walk north, right before you get to the main section of bars. The restaurant, bar and lobby is on the ocean side of the street, completely open to the beach, and the rooms are in a building across the street. Price in 2009 was cheap, about AR50, 000-60, 000 I think, the owners were terrific, and it was very discreet as there was basically no monitoring of your coming and going since the rooms were across the street from the main hotel / lobby. Sorry that I don't remember the name, but if you walk around the area I describe you should find it.
    Thanks Vavy and Botaki6. Appreciate the advice very much. Sent an email off to Hotel Espadon this morning and they replied tonight saying that there was no problem with a vacancy. Price quoted is €63 a night for an ocean view room with double bed. A bit more than what I was originally planning to spend, but sounds ok for a relatively short stay. Rooms and location look rather nice on their website so I'll give it a go.

http://www.espadon-nosybe.com/index....id=136&lang=fr

They also mentioned that for an extra €15, they would provide a pick-up service from the airport. Have been left waiting on previous occasions during my travels, so not sure if this is really necessary for a middle of the day arrival. Taxi to / from the Nosy Be airport probably the same cost or maybe a bus / taxi-brouse service just as good perhaps?

Cheers,

Opernroad

Quote Originally Posted by Botaki6  [View Original Post]
    Gerard and Francine is a nice place. But not hobby friendly. The owners, A French couple, will remind you that their cottages are more of a family place. Its ok if you got a steady GF and already check in with her.

40-EU is a tight budget for NosyBe hotels. But the time you there is low season. As others said: walk around and ask.
    Thanks for that input Botaki, I did not realize that about G&F's place. There is a hotel just north of G&F's that I stayed at but can't recall the name. It is right at the bend in the road (kind of a "dog's leg") as you walk north, right before you get to the main section of bars. The restaurant, bar and lobby is on the ocean side of the street, completely open to the beach, and the rooms are in a building across the street. Price in 2009 was cheap, about AR50, 000-60, 000 I think, the owners were terrific, and it was very discreet as there was basically no monitoring of your coming and going since the rooms were across the street from the main hotel / lobby. Sorry that I don't remember the name, but if you walk around the area I describe you should find it.

+ Add Report
Page 14 of 92 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 24 64 ... LastLast

Posting Limitations