Thread: Madagascar

+ Add Report
Page 14 of 107 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 24 64 ... LastLast
This blog is moderated by Admin

Posters

Quote Originally Posted by Legionnaire  [View Original Post]
    The photos were taken in February 2014 in Tamatave.
    Yes, you are right.

Poster with comics much more impressive when scanned!

Un understandable when it is in a background with many things.

And the STOP one stil exist: right. As in old shops ols adds are necessarily withheld.

Quote Originally Posted by TigeDeJade  [View Original Post]

Honestly it is a very bad promotion against prostitution.
    In most cases, a common scenario for me in Mada is to bring a normal girl from beach / street / cafe etc and have fun. Then give some taxi money.

For example, in my last trip I had never took a pro which virtually non exist in such places such as Sambava or Antalaha. So to enforce this law they need two things.

1. someone that inform the police about an crime / incident.

2. a proof that the girl is a well known professional.

If a NORMAL GIRL got taxi money does this may be consider as a crime of prostitution? the answer is no

Based on my 17 years in africa is that as long as you don't have a disagreement with a lady (pro or non-pro) and the girl (pro or not) is above 18. You will be fine. Corrupted police is another matter.

Voila' the posters.

The photos were taken in February 2014 in Tamatave.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails noput1.jpg‎   noput2.jpg‎  

Law and practice in madagascar

Quote Originally Posted by TheWolverine  [View Original Post]
    Talk with my Mada expat friend today he said that few Mongers were arrested due to dealing with prostitution. He said that for the police it does not matter if she a pro or not, a teen or not so his advice is to keep the profile low.

This situation is related to the political instability and the increased number of mongers that can be milked.

So based on the current status i am taking back my statement as the law is not that clear and subject to local police interpretation.
    My experience about this topic has been the following:

-I went to MADA at least once a year sometimes twice from 2002 to 2009 (president RAVALOMANANA era);.

In that time the decent hotels where I stayed had all a big post behind the reception desk with a photo of a child with a big "STOP" and it was written in English (or French) : sex abuse of children is an offence highly punished by law.

-In the meantime, receptions of decent hotels was always collecting and checking I'd of visiting girls... All hotels being girls friendly.

This second policy remains in perfect practice but the big posts diappeared during the last three years, as I came again in 2012; 2013;2014.

Before the end of his second mandate, RAVALOMANANA (who has the reputation to have many women under his evangelist appearance and official practice) in 2008 passed a law against prostitution.

He was obliged to resign and fly in South africa after riots in 2009 (not for that reason of course... But because of his sale of vast pieces of land to foreign groups; and as he was well known as a predator with immense wealth... Taking a part in all profitable businesses) RAJOELINA became "Chairman of Transition" from 2009 to end of 2013.

The law was not abolished.

The mongering life remained unchanged in line with above mentioned practice.

Last January, when I was in Mada, I observed behind the reception desk of my hotel in TAMATAVE (but it could have existed in the past years without I noticed it) another poster, not apalling at all!

It reprensented various "comics" (about 6 comics on the poster) fully written in malagasy.

One day I suddenly understood that it was a poster against prostitution!

As by looking with great attention, it represented funny situations between men and girls: one man asking a girl to come; one girl accepting banknotes; one man negociating with a girl in a room... Most of the men and all women were brown coloured... Only in one comic there was a white man.

Honestly it is a very bad promotion against prostitution... As you need a real attention to understand the purpose of this serie of comics.

Moreover: nothing is written in French (official language of MADA with malagasy).

Useless to say accordingly that it is not targeted against foreigners (as the 2002-2009 poster).

You have to know that according to NGO, the prostitution with minors in the capital TANANARIVE -where there is obviously many foreigners is 90 % malagasy men prostitution.

So decent hotels everywhere in the country stick to the strict policy against minor prostitution and fully respect happy life between over 18 people.

To conclude, I confirm it can be just a tool for police to get money in special situations they feel or special location (reason for which I definitely banned NOSY BE as a mongering place as it is the kind of place to be raketted as a foreigner).

I shall tell you in a further post a situation which happenned to me in 2013 ... How it happened and how it was solved with laugh!

I understand nothing in maxi 390.6 KB.
    Its the max file size (compression ratio) for 640 x480 resolution.In most programs you can adjust the compression to be minimal so the photo quality will be the same as the original. Larger file means better photo quality but it needs more space for storage.

Here is 100% file compression of la femme de menage.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_3864.jpg‎   IMG_3866.jpg‎   Capture.JPG‎   IMG_3855.jpg‎   mada.jpg‎  

IMG_3948.jpg‎   IMG_3887.jpg‎  

Some views of Ocean 501

Quote Originally Posted by BrasilSoccer0  [View Original Post]
    TigeDeJade,

Thanks a lot for the hotel info and the great details and comparisons you've provided.

I like your narrative and substance. Very smart info!
    In fact it is a test on resizing to add pics. As I am not at all an expert in computers.

I understand nothing in maxi 390.6 KB. I used a tool which seems to bring 74,8 Ko but appears here as 90,6 KB.. UNunderstandable these things we are supposed to understand without any clear explanation not polluted by advertisement; useless programs tried to be added and lot of loophole for non computer's men!

If it works well I could send more attactive views.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails mini-DSCN1503.JPG‎   mini-DSCN1519.JPG‎   mini-DSCN1599.JPG‎  

Superb!

TigeDeJade,

Thanks a lot for the hotel info and the great details and comparisons you've provided.

I like your narrative and substance. Very smart info!

I fully agree with Golfinho on the superb swimming pool and garden to relax at MIRAMAR. I am an addict of the place. But the bungalows and services (shower place for the pool etc.) are governed by extreme avarice and the rates are overpriced (80 000 Ar or more) for lodging in a not well maintained place. I stayed there only once several years ago, but go from the city center by pousse to the pool on daytime. However the food is good, the malagasy staff relax.

At 500 m from MIRAMAR, I highly recommend OCEAN 501 - known by the local as RAVINALE (even closer of Pandora) completely renovated by French manager; excellent food with terrasse on the beach side under the trees; Friday jazz concerts or other animation; nice waitresses; night rate for 51 000 Ar with aircon. I stayed there last January about 10 nights in two stays, as an alternative to FOULPOINTE where rooms without aircon are too hot at this season.

When you already have your regular or phone numbers, or you want to diversify on Friday and Saturday nights, both places are worthwhile; as it is pretty far from the city center especially by night to get a taxi.

Between the two sites, on the beach you have RELAX BEACH bar with sofas on the beach. Free of charge. Or with some tip (0,10 E!) for the nice guy bringing the mattresses; with standard drinks and erratic food. But it is MADA!

Last but not least: in front of MIRAMAR and so 500 m from OCEAN 501, you have the lycee. Where you can have a chat or more with students over 18 preparing their baccalaurat.

And if you are extremely helpful you bring one or two to your room for private lessons!

Herebelow views of OCEAN 501 and of delicious meals I tasted there. (Sorry I wanted to put photos but special resizing technique I have no time to explore!

At 500 m from MIRAMAR, I highly recommend OCEAN 501 - known by the local as RAVINALE (even closer of Pandora) completely renovated by French manager; excellent food with terrasse on the beach side under the trees 10 nights in two stays, as an alternative to FOULPOINTE where rooms without aircon are too hot at this season.

on the beach you have RELAX BEACH bar with sofas on the beach. Free of charge. Or with some tip (0,10 E!) for the nice guy bringing the mattresses; with standard drinks and erratic food. But it is MADA!
    Thanks for the info. The only way to know is to walk around this area to discover for yourself -- places not advertized. I was first one to put Miramar on tripadvisor. About Miramar, all bungalows not equal, some better condition, but the privacy there is excellent. Relax bar good and restaurant for lunch, but close early, and do you want to walk that beach at night?

Hotels in Tamatave

Quote Originally Posted by Golfinho  [View Original Post]
    In Tamatave, the one I would recommend is hotel Miramar. It is on the beach. Bungalows, very private, and with gigantic, clean pool, restaurant, internet also good. Can walk to Pandora- very close. In other direction walk along beach to centre. The price, if remember was 30 or 35 euros. There are others nearby, but Miramar with nice jardin, set-up and on beach is good.
    I fully agree with Golfinho on the superb swimming pool and garden to relax at MIRAMAR. I am an addict of the place. But the bungalows and services (shower place for the pool etc.) are governed by extreme avarice and the rates are overpriced (80 000 Ar or more) for lodging in a not well maintained place. I stayed there only once several years ago, but go from the city center by pousse to the pool on daytime. However the food is good, the malagasy staff relax.

At 500 m from MIRAMAR, I highly recommend OCEAN 501 - known by the local as RAVINALE (even closer of Pandora) completely renovated by French manager; excellent food with terrasse on the beach side under the trees; Friday jazz concerts or other animation; nice waitresses; night rate for 51 000 Ar with aircon. I stayed there last January about 10 nights in two stays, as an alternative to FOULPOINTE where rooms without aircon are too hot at this season.

When you already have your regular or phone numbers, or you want to diversify on Friday and Saturday nights, both places are worthwhile; as it is pretty far from the city center especially by night to get a taxi.

Between the two sites, on the beach you have RELAX BEACH bar with sofas on the beach. Free of charge. Or with some tip (0,10 E!) for the nice guy bringing the mattresses; with standard drinks and erratic food. But it is MADA!

Last but not least: in front of MIRAMAR and so 500 m from OCEAN 501, you have the lycee. Where you can have a chat or more with students over 18 preparing their baccalaurat.

And if you are extremely helpful you bring one or two to your room for private lessons!

Herebelow views of OCEAN 501 and of delicious meals I tasted there. (Sorry I wanted to put photos but special resizing technique I have no time to explore!

Quote Originally Posted by Golfinho  [View Original Post]
    Last October, we were stopped 3 times in space of 10 minutes coming back in taxi, the last time getting out in front of Louvre hotel. Each time a small (not much) 'contribution'. But, still. Can you confirm this not happening now?
    I only took a taxi at night 2 times, 11.00 pm and 3.00 am, but no road block or any uniformed guys on the road. But my girls did mot want to leave my room after 8.00. They thought for them its too dangerous. That is ok with me.

Quote Originally Posted by Botaki6  [View Original Post]
    Reporting from ground Zero in Tana. In comparison to the situation a year ago much lesser police and army on the road. The whole situation seems very calm and relaxed. People do their business and life goes on normal..
    Last October, we were stopped 3 times in space of 10 minutes coming back in taxi, the last time getting out in front of Louvre hotel. Each time a small (not much) 'contribution'. But, still. Can you confirm this not happening now?

Quote Originally Posted by EuropeanMan  [View Original Post]
    Hi all,

I wold ask to Madagascar experts if it is yet alive the law against the prostitution / sex tourism in Madagascar and if there are possibilities of problems for mongers.

Thanks
    Reporting from ground Zero in Tana. In comparison to the situation a year ago much lesser police and army on the road. The whole situation seems very calm and relaxed. People do their business and life goes on normal. One can also feel that more foreign investment is coming in and the car and motobike busines is doing well.

I dud stay in 2 different hotels till now. Only the Sole Hotel did ask for I'd card. The more upscale Belvedere staff did not blink an eye when I entered with a lady in tow.

Its a good time to be here.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWolverine  [View Original Post]
    No law against mongers that use adult prostitution services
    Talk with my Mada expat friend today he said that few Mongers were arrested due to dealing with prostitution. He said that for the police it does not matter if she a pro or not, a teen or not so his advice is to keep the profile low.

This situation is related to the political instability and the increased number of mongers that can be milked.

So based on the current status i am taking back my statement as the law is not that clear and subject to local police interpretation.

Absolutely no problem to have WIFI in Tamatave:

My preferred hotel: Anjara (2 stars hotel European standard; 70 000 Ar; quite.not on busy road, wifi; GF of course as everywhere (!) but downstair restaurant different owner not so good or cheap)
    In Tamatave, the one I would recommend is hotel Miramar. It is on the beach. Bungalows, very private, and with gigantic, clean pool, restaurant, internet also good. Can walk to Pandora- very close. In other direction walk along beach to centre. The price, if remember was 30 or 35 euros. There are others nearby, but Miramar with nice jardin, set-up and on beach is good.

Quote Originally Posted by EuropeanMan  [View Original Post]
    I wold ask to Madagascar experts if it is yet alive the law against the prostitution / sex tourism in Madagascar and if there are possibilities of problems for mongers.
    No law against mongers that use adult prostitution services but this term "sex tourism" is normally used to describe "Child prostitution" which is a very serious crime!

As long as you bring 18+ girls you will be fine and girls I'd is being enforced at almost any one of the cities hotel.

Posting Limitations