Thread: General Info

+ Add Report
Page 1 of 80 1 2 3 4 5 11 51 ... LastLast
This forum thread is moderated by Admin
    Thanks for the reply's.

I did get my 1 liter of whisky in no problem.

Hard liquor

Quote Originally Posted by CoozeHound  [View Original Post]
    As mentioned 1 litre but in Jakarta I usually bring 2 litres, never an issue but it will be one day, Bali is stricter in my experience.

One thing is for sure if you did have a problem some discreet cash will sort it out.
    And if you are of a nervous disposition: many supermarkets in Jakarta have a discreet corner where you can buy wodka, whiskey, cognac, etc. Various brands of beer are sold in the regular area.

Regards,

Ko.

Quote Originally Posted by Medanboy  [View Original Post]
    I am on a short shedule so I could not rtff this time.

Could anyone tell me how much strong liquor are we allowed to bring into immigration in indonesia? It is mentionned on the immigration card when you arrive, so if somebody remembers I would appreciate it. Thanks.
    As mentioned 1 litre but in Jakarta I usually bring 2 litres, never an issue but it will be one day, Bali is stricter in my experience.

One thing is for sure if you did have a problem some discreet cash will sort it out.

Could anyone tell me how much strong liquor are we allowed to bring into immigration in indonesia? It is mentionned on the immigration card when you arrive, so if somebody remembers I would appreciate it. Thanks.
    Legally you can bring one liter.

1 Liter of Wine or Liquor

I always pick up a liter of Cognac before I enter Bali. They never check, but they have 3 bozos on the scanning belt. The only country I know that scans incoming baggage. You could get a couple of liters and ask the person behind you to put it thru with their baggage. And then collect on the other side.

Indonesia is the most greedy country when it comes to taxes or duty. A bottle of Australian wine that I can but in Hawaii for $6 or $7, sells for 400,000 rp in Bali. Just pure greed.

RL.

Liquor

Quote Originally Posted by MickyMouse  [View Original Post]
    Hi.

A US company based in Singapore looking for distributors in Indonesia for sex supplements for male and female.

These supplements are sold in Singapore and Malaysia.

Please PM for contact details.
    I'm interested in the name of these supplements.

Sex Supplements for male and female

Hi.

A US company based in Singapore looking for distributors in Indonesia for sex supplements for male and female.

These supplements are sold in Singapore and Malaysia.

Please PM for contact details.

4 G was launched yesterday, saw it on TV last night, I think only in Jakarta for now. Can't comment if it any good though.

And yes, Telkomsel is the best coverage.

Quote Originally Posted by AsianMPLover  [View Original Post]
    3 G is the best you can hope for. There is no 4 G in Indonesia yet.

In my experience, Telkomsel and XL has the best plans. XL is said to have the best data service in Jakarta area, whilst Telkomsel in general has the best nationwide coverage. Right now XL has an Unlimited data plan for 49.000 Rp / m. Good value for money.

Stay away from Indosat and the other smaller providers as their networks have the quality standard catering for those who are spending a dollar a month.

Also note that all telkom providers do content blocking (legal requirement). So sites like this may not be possible to access.

Mobile Providers

Quote Originally Posted by FredGold  [View Original Post]
    I assume there are several different mobile providers. What company do people think is the most value for data and voice. 3 G is good enough for me.

HAPPY HUNTING FRED.
    3 G is the best you can hope for. There is no 4 G in Indonesia yet.

In my experience, Telkomsel and XL has the best plans. XL is said to have the best data service in Jakarta area, whilst Telkomsel in general has the best nationwide coverage. Right now XL has an Unlimited data plan for 49.000 Rp / m. Good value for money.

Stay away from Indosat and the other smaller providers as their networks have the quality standard catering for those who are spending a dollar a month.

Also note that all telkom providers do content blocking (legal requirement). So sites like this may not be possible to access.

My opinion only.

1) ok lets say you drop a load everynight, ok sometimes it might be 2 in a night and a night off, sometimes a massage plus plus, sometimes a high class one. I reckon average 700 k for the banging. That equates to 700 x30= 21 m rupes.

Add to that some beers, some smokes, late night siomay. Whatever add another 100 k, so that's another 3 m rupiah.

Daytime food, you can get by with 50 k, but most likely 100 k for lunch if you don't eat the local food, so that's another 3 m rupiah.

Accommodation I guess around the 500 k a night, that's a 2-3 star hotel, so that's 15 m rupiah.

Add taxis of maybe 30 k a trip, at least every second day and its 1 m rupiah.

An occasional bender, or a quiet sessions at BATS / CJ's add 2 x2 m.

So I calc 21+3+3+15+4=46 m rupiah.

For me, that wouldn't work because the alcohol component would be alot higher, and the meals also, and I don't really dig 2 star hotels for a month at a time (mostly the breakfast is just crap).

So equate that to your USD and it at 4 kUSD.

Those hotels are Kota area which is north. BlokM is south, and a good 2 hrs between them at peak times. Look up hotels around the 'melawai' area for similar in the BlokM / CJs area.

Theres no comparison Bali to Batam IMHO.

For me Batam has nothing going for it, it is just like any other indo city, but with a small bar district. The girls are used to expats but, its full of Singaporeans on the weekend (if ever there was a reason to stay away from a place its because of winging precious Singaporeans there! I would not do Batam.

Bali. Well where to start, do you want good surf, cheap beer and food, world class restaurant, balinese culture, sanur fuck shops, cheap massages everywhere, ripoff clothing, full of drunken aussies in Kuta / Legian at night, drugs, partying in private villas and nightclubs, I could go on and on. I won't even start about the rest of the island. For me, Bali it is. But it isn't for everyone.

I'd love to hear others opinions of Batam v Bali.

Thanks HHM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimo29  [View Original Post]
    I am planning my first trip to Indonesia after 5 trips to Thailand.

I have RYTFF and here are my queries:

1) Total budget for 1 month trip food, drinks and girls only 4000 $ am I ok or need to raise it?

2) Jakarta. Duration 15 days I was thinking of renting apartment but now opted to hotel apartment where you don't need to worry about cleaning the room also nice to have a swimming pool. My list now is limited to Mercure conventionb rate 47 $, Mercure Dakota 35 $ and Novotel Gaja Mada 74 $ which is close to Blok M CJs and top gu and other nihht spots. Any other recommendatoon is most appreciated prefer to keep my budget for accomodation from35 to 50 $.

3) Island now I am lost which ia better as far as beach girls and night life are concerned Bali or Batam? Also is there anything similar to patong or walking street where you can stay close to the beach and nightlife.

Thanks a million!

Immigration

Quote Originally Posted by RobertLong  [View Original Post]
    Yes $35.00 US VOA, and now 200,000 airport fee to leave. Also when you arrive and you see the 1 hour line at immigration, approach one of the men with the jacket that has Immigration written on the back. Put a $20.00 in your passport and ask him for the express line. He'll walk you to the last window and hand your PP to the attendant. You'll be happy as money well spent.

This is a must in Bali as 4 747's just landed ahead of you and you face the madding crowd with all of their kids, the Chinese that don't understand what to do, and the many closed windows.

RL.
    Immigration at Cengkareng is pretty efficient; once you have paid the fee you get your visa and you can walk straight through to baggage retrieval. Arriving by KLM from Amsterdam also helps, since at that time no other wide-bodies arrive. Furthermore I make sure I'm seated in the front of the plane so I'm one of the first after business class to get out of the plane. All together I spend more time waiting for my luggage than waiting for my visa.

Regards,

Ko.
    Last edited by Koperen Karel; 09-02-14 at 00:23. Reason: typo

First trip

Fellow mongers,

Can you please reply to my queries in my earlier post.

Thanks

Reports

Mighty Spearsman
    Quote Originally Posted by FredGold  [View Original Post]
    I assume there are several different mobile providers. What company do people think is the most value for data and voice. 3 G is good enough for me.

HAPPY HUNTING FRED.
    I use Excel (XL) but you are right, there are many good choices.

Phone / sim card

HAPPY HUNTING FRED.

+ Add Report
Page 1 of 80 1 2 3 4 5 11 51 ... LastLast

Posting Limitations