White Rabbit
Liquid lapdance

Thread: General Info

+ Add Report
Page 1 of 84 1 2 3 4 5 11 51 ... LastLast
This forum thread is moderated by Admin

Departure tax

Quote Originally Posted by IllusionHeart  [View Original Post]
    I couldn't check in when I was trying and it threw a message on my mobile app as well as website to contact the helpline. As I had bought my ticket in Singapore they charged me approx SGD 15 on my card. Post this I was able to check in online. I few Air Asia.

As you already have been able to check in and get a boarding pass you now have the option to pay the tax at the airport it seems.
    Correct, although there was a little confusion at the airport at first. The people at the information desk told me I didn't have to pay but at the counter they told me this was only for tickets purchased after March 1. Mine was bought in January so I did not qualify and had to pay after all. No further obstacles apart from chronic understaffing at the counters.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomasb  [View Original Post]
    I was told yesterday by an Indonesian that Aussies are exempt from the visa payment waiver law and still have to pony up $30.

If true, then they forgot to note that Aussies and Chinese are the number one and two visitors to Bali though sometimes they switch positions or so I heard.
    Reportedly its because the Australian Government has refused reciprocal rights, but there is speculation that its also related to the ongoing tensions with the current Australian government.

Quote Originally Posted by KoperenKarel  [View Original Post]
    Well, I just checked in for tomorrow's flight via internet and printed my boarding pass. I'll see what happens. What I don't understand is why your airline insisted on gettting the money from you before allowing you to check in. The departure tax has nothing to do with an airline as far as I know.
    I couldn't check in when I was trying and it threw a message on my mobile app as well as website to contact the helpline. As I had bought my ticket in Singapore they charged me approx SGD 15 on my card. Post this I was able to check in online. I few Air Asia.

As you already have been able to check in and get a boarding pass you now have the option to pay the tax at the airport it seems.

Well, I just checked in for tomorrow's flight via internet and printed my boarding pass. I'll see what happens. What I don't understand is why your airline insisted on gettting the money from you before allowing you to check in. The departure tax has nothing to do with an airline as far as I know.
    From what I understand, every airport in the world has that charge included in the ticket. Indonesia was just one of the few countries that split that cost out as a separate cost until recently. I know that when I route my flights through Singapore that I pay less for the ticket if I transit through Singapore than if I stop in Singapore for a day then continue on my journey the next day. They tell me that's airport tax for Singapore due to the stop.

Departure tax

I also had a reserved seat but the call centre guys were insisting that I pay through card online and it was not possible to pay at the airport. I didn't want to take chance hence I did. You can try your luck at the airport.

Australians and visa waiver fee

I was told yesterday by an Indonesian that Aussies are exempt from the visa payment waiver law and still have to pony up $30.

If true, then they forgot to note that Aussies and Chinese are the number one and two visitors to Bali though sometimes they switch positions or so I heard.

Quote Originally Posted by HihiSter  [View Original Post]
    Perhaps visa runners from other countries that now might consider to do the visa run TO Indonesia?

Quote Originally Posted by HihiSter  [View Original Post]
    What a target could be are expatriates living in other Asian cities. They are usually with a family, so 2 adults with 2/3 kids coming to Bali for a weekend are now saving at least US 140.

Sure, perhaps it's a small amount in the bigger scheme of things, but it could be that with that small "saving" some families might pull the trigger on doing that 1 additional trip down to Bali for the long weekend where they usually just stayed home in Singapore / Hong Kong / Shanghai / Beijing / Taipei etc etc.

Not that I see them reaching 500.000 additional pax with that alone but ah well, it's a start.
    Good point. I'm single so I am always thinking from that perspective. That would be a good savings for a family of four.

What a target could be are expatriates living in other Asian cities. They are usually with a family, so 2 adults with 2/3 kids coming to Bali for a weekend are now saving at least US 140.

Sure, perhaps it's a small amount in the bigger scheme of things, but it could be that with that small "saving" some families might pull the trigger on doing that 1 additional trip down to Bali for the long weekend where they usually just stayed home in Singapore / Hong Kong / Shanghai / Beijing / Taipei etc etc.

Not that I see them reaching 500.000 additional pax with that alone but ah well, it's a start.

Quote Originally Posted by DeeKa  [View Original Post]
    Sure?

Then the visa runner didn't do the maths.

The visa exempt is not possible to prolong, so you have to do a visa run every 30 days instead of every 60 days.

Dee
    Perhaps visa runners from other countries that now might consider to do the visa run TO Indonesia?

Quote Originally Posted by Smoothy  [View Original Post]
    I guess that depends on the definition of the word tourist. If it's a money spending tourist on vacation, they won't care much about the 35 usd when considering Indonesia as a vacation spot. If it's someone looking for a cheaper visa run, they will love it.
    Sure?

Then the visa runner didn't do the maths.

The visa exempt is not possible to prolong, so you have to do a visa run every 30 days instead of every 60 days.

Dee

I thought as much regarding the inclusion in the ticket price. As for checking in, I already have a seat reserved, so I can do it at the airport as well, but I normally did it for convenience's sake from my hotel. I can use the priority lane, so not much time will be lost.
    I also had a reserved seat but the call centre guys were insisting that I pay through card online and it was not possible to pay at the airport. I didn't want to take chance hence I did. You can try your luck at the airport.

Quote Originally Posted by LAGuy5  [View Original Post]
    The Jakarta post article says the Indonesian tourist minister expects the waiver of VOA fees to result in at least 500,000 more tourists during the remainder of this year alone. Does this make any sense to anyone?
    I guess that depends on the definition of the word tourist. If it's a money spending tourist on vacation, they won't care much about the 35 usd when considering Indonesia as a vacation spot. If it's someone looking for a cheaper visa run, they will love it.

Visa

Quote Originally Posted by LAGuy5  [View Original Post]
    The Jakarta post article says the Indonesian tourist minister expects the waiver of VOA fees to result in at least 500,000 more tourists during the remainder of this year alone. Does this make any sense to anyone?
    Not to me. At least, I was not deterred by a visa costing EUR 30. That's peanuts compared to ticketprice, hotel cost and daily costs. But it sounds good if nobody does the calculation.

President Joko Widodo has signed a law making visa on arrival again free of cost for a number of countries. Not a large saving (USD 35 or EUR 30) but every little bit helps.

Regards,

Ko.

Airport tax

Koperen, The aiport tax is now included in the tickets purchased after February. I has purchased my Air Asia ticket from Jakarta to Singapore in January.
    <SNIP>
    I would suggest you call and check with your airline in advance regarding payment of the airport tax and not wait till the travel date.
    I thought as much regarding the inclusion in the ticket price. As for checking in, I already have a seat reserved, so I can do it at the airport as well, but I normally did it for convenience's sake from my hotel. I can use the priority lane, so not much time will be lost.

+ Add Report
Page 1 of 84 1 2 3 4 5 11 51 ... LastLast

Posting Limitations