fkk-livingroom.de
goldentime FKK
Scroguard
fkk tours

Thread: General Info

+ Add Report
Page 1 of 88 1 2 3 4 5 11 51 ... LastLast
This forum thread is moderated by Admin
    Jakarta (Reuters) - Militants launched a gun and bomb assault in the center of the Indonesian capital on Thursday, killing at least six people, in an attack that followed a threat by Islamic State fighters to put the country in their "spotlight", police said.

Media said six bombs went off and a Reuters witness saw police exchanging fire with gunmen. Several hours after the attacks began, the witness heard more gunfire and at least one more explosion.

One blast was in a Starbucks cafe and security forces were later seen entering the building.

"The Starbucks cafe windows are blown out. I see three dead people on the road. There has been a lull in the shooting but someone is on the roof of the building and police are aiming their guns at him," said a Reuters photographer.

Police suspected a suicide bomber was responsible for at least one of the blasts and up to 14 militant gunmen were involved in the attack, Metro TV reported.

Police snipers were deployed among hundreds of other security officers, some in armored vehicles. A bomb disposal unit was seen entering the building where the Starbucks is located, which also houses a cinema.

An office worker in a building above the Starbucks cafe, who declined to be identified, said he and fellow workers had been ordered to stay put after the first blast.

"That's when I heard the second explosion. It was loud and powerful," he said.

Indonesia has been on edge for weeks over the threat posed by Islamist militants and counter-terrorism police have launched a crackdown on people with suspected links to Islamic State.

"We have previously received a threat from Islamic State that Indonesia will be the spotlight," police spokesman Anton Charliyan told reporters. But he said police did not know who was responsible.

He said three policemen and three civilians had been killed. Media reported that a Dutch person and another foreigner were among the casualties but it was not clear if they were dead or wounded. Police said four suspected attackers were killed.

The last major militant attacks in Jakarta were in July 2009, with bombs at the JW Marriott and Ritz Carlton hotels.

President Joko Widodo was outside Jakarta when the attack unfolded but was cutting shot his trip to return to the sprawling capital of more than 10 million people by helicopter.

He urged the public not to be fearful and or speculate on who was behind the attack.

"We must not be afraid, we must not be defeated by an act of terror like this," he said in televised comments.

The national intelligence agency chief said there was no indication that Islamic State militants had carried out the attack.

ALARM OVER ISLAMIC STATE.

Early in the attack, one explosion went off in front of a shopping center called the Sarinah mall, on a main avenue. Media said a police post outside the mall was blown up.

A you. And. Building was in lock-down with no one allowed in or out, a witness said. Some other high-rise buildings in the area were evacuated.

Several embassies are also in the vicinity and Indonesia's central bank, in the same area, and was going ahead with a policy meeting and a decision on interest rates would be announced as planned later in the day, a spokesman said.

Indonesia has the world's largest Muslim population, the vast majority of whom practise a moderate form of the religion.

The country saw a spate of militant attacks in the 2000's, the deadliest of which was a nightclub bombing on the holiday island of Bali that killed 202 people, most of them tourists.

Police have been largely successful in destroying domestic militant cells since then, but officials have more recently been worrying about a resurgence inspired by groups such as Islamic State and Indonesians who return after fighting with the group. Alarm in the West over the danger stemming from Islamic State rocketed after the Paris attacks in November and the killing of 14 people in California in December. But mostly Muslim nations regarded as more moderate have also been caught in the spiraling violence. On Tuesday, a Syrian suicide bomber killed 10 German tourists in Istanbul. Turkish authorities suspect the bomber had links to Islamic State and unidentified powers using the militant group.

Blasts in Central Jakarta

January 14th 2016:

There are reports at least two people have been killed in several blasts near the United Nations offices in Jakarta.

Six explosions were heard in the centre of the Indonesian capital and casualties were seen lying on the ground, witnesses say.

The ABC's South-East Asia correspondent Samantha Hawley was on the scene shortly after the explosions.

"It looks like two dead, that may rise as it's still a live situation," she said.

"This is one of the main city centre areas, about 50 metres from the UN building, near the main roundabout and close to the ABC offices. ".

Police were not immediately available for comment, but according to an official Jakarta police Twitter account, one explosion went off in front of a shopping centre called the Sarinah mall.

At least three casualties were seen lying on the street, according to an AFP journalist at the scene.

Gunfire was ringing out in the area afterwards, the journalist said.

A police post on a main street was damaged after six blasts were heard. More to come.

AFP / Reuters.

Buying beer in Jogyakarta

Can anyone tell me where you can buy takeaway alcohol ie. Crates of beer, in Jogyakarta?

I have been told that even the large supermarkets like carrefour aren't selling it at the moment due to confusion regarding the new laws.

I'm staying in a nearby town all I can buy here is single bottle at a high price or local.

Quote Originally Posted by AsianMPLover  [View Original Post]
    I have been on 30 day VOA and needed to extend. Solution? Take the first flight out to Singapore, come back in the evening and get a new 30 days VOA. Has worked multiple times.
    Going to Immigration and extend the Visa for another 30 days is cheaper and costs less time.

Dee.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnTraveller  [View Original Post]
    Let's say I get visa-free arrival, stay in Indonesia for 20 days, then go another country for 20 days, and then come back to Indonesia for another 20 days visa-free. Is that allowed?
    I have been on 30 day VOA and needed to extend. Solution? Take the first flight out to Singapore, come back in the evening and get a new 30 days VOA. Has worked multiple times.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnTraveller  [View Original Post]
    I have read a lot about the immigration rules, but one thing I still wonder about. If you visit several times within a short period, is there a minimum of days you have to stay away before next visit? Let's say I get visa-free arrival, stay in Indonesia for 20 days, then go another country for 20 days, and then come back to Indonesia for another 20 days visa-free. Is that allowed?
    Yes, it's allowed.

Multiple visits allowed?

I have read a lot about the immigration rules, but one thing I still wonder about. If you visit several times within a short period, is there a minimum of days you have to stay away before next visit? Let's say I get visa-free arrival, stay in Indonesia for 20 days, then go another country for 20 days, and then come back to Indonesia for another 20 days visa-free. Is that allowed?

I did a simple forum search on the word "tangerang" and amazingly, it gave all the details. I think that's all masbule was suggesting.

http://www.internationalsexguide.inf...archid=1485732

Welcome to the Board, excuse the Rude welcoming

Quote Originally Posted by IndoSniper  [View Original Post]
    Dear Mr,

I am sorry to offend you so deeply with my question. Did I ask my question in the wrong place? The heading is "general info". So isn't this where I ask for general info Sir?

My English is not so good. I have been here only a few days also. I find your reply very exceptional.
    This is the correct place to ask your question, and you shouldn't feel obliged to "contribute" before earning the right to ask questions here. Feel free to write a FR after you've gotten your feet wet so we can gain some insight.

Tangerang is near the Airport, where I could only suggest FM7 and Orchardz hotel. They have Massage / Spa service. When the traffic is not bad, then its well worth your time to head to North Jakarta to visit the more established Venues, such as Alexis and Malioboro.

Dear Mr,

I am sorry to offend you so deeply with my question. Did I ask my question in the wrong place? The heading is "general info". So isn't this where I ask for general info Sir?

My English is not so good. I have been here only a few days also. I find your reply very exceptional.
    I'm not offended sunshine, I am offended by the 'scrogaurd' advertisement that I see on this website however.

I will go back to my original response, and ask you. What do you define as fun? Whats your budget? How far are you willing to travel?

You mentioned you had found some fun already. Maybe tell us about that and offer advice to us. You will find on this board in every country (and in life actually) if you contribute yourself, you will get alot more responses from other contributors.

Back on topic, you have many options, mostly pijat++ and karoake in the rukos and your also close to the largest concentration of hookers in one place in Jakarta. But again depends what your into. Define your criteria then we can offer some suggestions.

Don't rule out twitter for p4 p and the dating apps for normal girls looking for extra cash. You mention english isn't your first language. As such if your non-Caucasian you will have a harder time finding girls to fuck you you for free, so the dating apps probably won't give an ROI as you'll just be one of a million punters trying to pull a quickie at lunchtime.

Back to you.

Quote Originally Posted by MasBule  [View Original Post]
    Thats your first post ever on the board?

Anyway, same question was asked about 3 mths ago by someone called 'JimmyB89' - whom never thanked anyone for the replies, nor any followup reports or info from him.

My advice, do RTFF, also post some info of your experiences in Jakarta so far, and gain some credibility.

Then I am sure there is a wealth of info to be shared of fun places (also define 'fun' - ie. Bars for FL's, brothels, karoake clubs, malls for pickups, Massage ++, meeting places for Tagged / Badoo / WeChat dates and a a nominal budget helps).
    Dear Mr,

Quote Originally Posted by MasBule  [View Original Post]

Anyway, same question was asked about 3 mths ago by someone called 'JimmyB89' - whom never thanked anyone for the replies, nor any followup reports or info from him.

My advice, do RTFF, also post some info of your experiences in Jakarta so far, and gain some credibility.

Then I am sure there is a wealth of info to be shared of fun places (also define 'fun' - ie. Bars for FL's, brothels, karoake clubs, malls for pickups, Massage ++, meeting places for Tagged / Badoo / WeChat dates and a a nominal budget helps).
    Thank you for your warm Welcome Mr. MasBule.

Is everyone here so kind and welcoming? Or are you the only exception?

If my inquiry is too difficult or troublesome for you to respond, then please do not feel obliged to.

Regards

Hello everyone,

I've recently relocated to Jakarta for work, and I"m temporarily based out of Tangerang.

I've managed to find a few nearby spots for fun, but not being very familiar with the area I'm not sure if there is something better or if its worth it for me to venture out further?

I don't want to talk to colleagues as discretion is very important to me.

I"m just getting used to this Crazy Jakarta Traffic, and honestly I can't believe how much time you waste when you travel to a nearby suburb!

Since I'm on a tight schedule for these few weeks, anyone familiar with 'fun' places near Tangerang?

Tangerang?

Hello everyone,

I've recently relocated to Jakarta for work, and I"m temporarily based out of Tangerang.

I've managed to find a few nearby spots for fun, but not being very familiar with the area I'm not sure if there is something better or if its worth it for me to venture out further?

I don't want to talk to colleagues as discretion is very important to me.

I"m just getting used to this Crazy Jakarta Traffic, and honestly I can't believe how much time you waste when you travel to a nearby suburb!

Since I'm on a tight schedule for these few weeks, anyone familiar with 'fun' places near Tangerang?

Unfortunately Garuda are no longer able to provide that service as the government has stopped providing the immigration officials that used to do it on the plane. Such a shame!

+ Add Report
Page 1 of 88 1 2 3 4 5 11 51 ... LastLast

Posting Limitations